CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School of Ministry

I am determined to post a blog on here that is not simply pictures. Here I go.

School has started. Woot! It's been great so far. A bit overwhelming at first. We were given homework in every class the first day of class. That's probably normal, but I wouldn't know.
My favorite class of course is the one taught by my bro-in-law Kourtney. ;-)

The week before last, we went on a retreat at Lone Tree Ranch (and boy was it that!). It was totally out in the middle of nowhere. But it was beautiful! Basically it was a time for all of us to get to know each other.
Everyone in our class is great. There is only one other married couple, we expected more. They're actually younger than us too! Which of course, seems to never be the case.

I'm really looking forward to this year. I know it's a great opportunity and I hope I take advantage of it! It will be a challenge to not let it all just become "schoolwork." I want to see God work through it and grow and go deeper! I'm praying that will be the case, for Matt and I.

The whole gang.

p.s. I did end up having an interview at the church's bookstore last week. I haven't heard anything yet, so pray!!

8 comments:

rosie said...

Yay! Love the update! Can't wait to hear more from you about how school is going. :)

Hannah said...

K. So basically all I know is that you didn't want to post all pictures (I lost interest there ;) Jk. :D)
and I know that you're still waiting to hear from your job ;) :D

I love you. and I love all of these updates! erson....

Oh, and school is going good too. :D Which is pretty cool.

Bethany said...

basically what you're say then Hannah, is that you read the beginning and the end. See! This is why I always just post pictures! sheesh

Kelly said...

Sounds like you had a great time!! I will be praying for the job thing

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

Bethany...
I guess you can relate to Taylor having her dad..since you have your brother in law teaching a class!! I hope you really enjoy your classes.. looks like a fun bunch of people too!!! We'll pray for you guys!!

Joni Scott said...

Sounds great! I know God will be doing tons and look forward to more updates. I am definitley praying for the job!!

Faith Zahn said...

Awwww...I'm sure Kourtney is honored! Really!

Faith Zahn said...

I think it's time for a new update!