CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Albuquerque!

It was a long drive, but we made it!
It really wasn't the prettiest drive. Texas was the worst by far. But at the edge of Texas beginning of NM, it got real pretty. And then it got flat and deserty again.
There are a LOT of pictures. Just a forewarning.


Here we are in IN. You can't tell how packed our car was, but trust me, it was jam packed.



Oklahoma.
It was Matt, not me!So this is kinda strange. It's some Cadillac's sticking up out of the ground in TX. there were a lot of windmill farms. Mostly though, they weren't moving. These ones were, but the next like 3 farms we saw, not a one of the windmills were moving. haOh yes, red dirt!Welcome to New Mexico!This is what made the drive so long!the first view of mountains!
Ok so Faith and Kourtney took us up on the mountain last night. This is the east side. The west side is Albuquerque.

We could see it raining in places and then lightening in the very far distance. It was really cool.

Pictures don't do it justice. It was so awesome.

Otherwise, it is very hot here. It's more humid than normal cuz we're in monsoon season. But it still isn't as humid as Indiana (hallelujah!) It's amazing what being 5,000' above sea level can do. the sun is SO bright. I feel like the clouds are so much closer!
see what I mean?
I didn't take this picture, though wish I had. But it's cool cuz you can see the mountains from almost anywhere you go here. It's pretty neat.

Next, I'll try to take some pictures of our house and the church.

9 comments:

Faith Zahn said...

Awesome! You must live in a really nice place! :) Just you wait....we have so many more cool places to see!

Joni Scott said...

Yay! ALOT of GREAT pictures! What a great blog. It brought back memories of my one brief visit to Albequerque so long ago now. I even felt like I remembered that exact hughway. LOL. (Although we drove there in an ice storm) The view from the mountain looks amazing too! you can see right where it's raining. And lightening... shiver. I am looking forward to pics of your house and I am glad you are having fun!

rosie said...

Wow, they're beautiful, Bethany! It is so cool that you can see mountians everywhere. And seeign it rain far away, is just lovely. Keep up the pictures! I'm prayign for your job hunting! :)

Anonymous said...

that rain picture is crazy!

I love the plateaus if that's how you spell it. those are cool.

Jen said...

Bethany,
I'm so glad you arrived safely! Did you share this blog address with our sisters from study?
I'm sorry we missed your send-off Sunday. I have a little package for you if you want to e-mail me your address. I'll send it along to you and Matt. We missed you already on Tuesday...
Praying for you!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Bethany!!!!
I've only driven through Albequerque one time and it was HOT, but beautiful.
It looks like a great place to live.
Keep posting on your blog- keep us updated.
Aunt Lisa

Kelly said...

Those are some really cool pictures!! I'm glad you made it safely. Perhaps we will have to come visit you guys sometime soon :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! It was nice chatting with you the other day. :)

Anonymous said...

Bethany,
You took great pics. It really gives us all a good perspective on your trip. I'm looking forward to seeing your next pics. I'm praying for all of you and missing you all terribly! I hope that I can get out there in September.
Love you.