CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

Luke Menard-American Idol

Well as I had mentioned before, Luke Menard who made it to the top 8 guys on Amerian Idol is from Crawfordsville, here where Matt and I live (oh and of course he goes to our church too, when he's in town). The whole time he was on, he was in the paper constantly and there were signs up all around town. Here are some of those signs.





Then this past Thursday, they had a "rally" for Luke at the high school. There were a LO Tof people. More than I thought would even be there. The mayor proclaimed it "Luke Menard Day." Finally at end Luke spoke. He still is under contract so he isn't aloud to sing. Bummer. But they did play his songs that he performed (of course they didn't show what Simon said!). Remember the first song Luke did and he said he did it to show how comfortable he was on stage? Well now I understand better because he really is very comfortable on stage. He was funny and stuff. He said that the producers told him that town Crawfordsville size are the kind that will push you far. And he also said when he was sent some emails of pictures of the signs around town, he kinda poked around at the other contestants to see if their hometowns were doing anything like Crawfordsville was. And nope. None of the others were! So that was pretty cool.

Luke with his wife and some of his family. (He has 65 cousins on ONE side of his family!)
Lukes super cute wife.Luke being swarmed at the end.
So all pretty exciting for this nice small town. Kinda silly, but fun and exciting all the same. I also watch American Idol because of him. I watched it season 3 and 4 and havne't since. But since Luke's been on, I have.
Go David Archuletta! He is so gonna win.

6 comments:

Joni Scott said...

Coolness!! That would have been so fun to see. Too bad for Crawfordsville he didn't make it too far because it is awesome when a town can really get behind someone. 65 cousins??? There's alot of votes right there!! What contract is he under?

Bethany said...

he's under contract with American Idol or Fox still. I don't really understand why they won't let him sing, but they won't. Except for them prolly.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Bethany!!!

I don't know how often you check this, so hopefully you'll see it.

Have a wonderful birthday!!

Aunt Lisa and Uncle Norm

Ken said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm only ONE day late.

Sorry about that.

Uncle Ken & Aunt Cheryl & Cullen

Kelly said...

Wow!!! Thats cool that you got to see Luke Menard. And yeah, I've been rooting for David from the very beginning...and he's doing amazing!!!!!!!!! He is totally gonna win. I have a bet with my manager at work (bob evans) that if David wins, he buys me a full meal of whatever I want, haha. Go David Archuleta!!

Blogger said...

Cool!

Rafael - Brazil
http://quotidienlife.blogspot.com