CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Life

Since it's been a while since I've updated, and that post actually happened two weeks before I posted it, I figured I'd share a little of our life the past month and a half.

-We went snowboarding with Matt's family from Arkansas
-Worked (I know exciting)
-Decided to move to New Mexico in July
-Bought $200 worth of stuff from CVS for $30
-Volunteer at out church's book store every Saturday
(ok our life isn't very exciting)

Snowboarding was a lot of fun although frustrating at times. I had never really been snowboarding, so at least half of the day was spent on the bunny hill. Thankfully, I have a very patient husband. And now I'm pretty sure I have a very bruised tail-bone due to falling.
I took this because it cracks me up that we were on this snowy hill when all around was totally brown. I guess it's normal for these Hoosier folks, but not for a yooper.
And here's the fam. Plus an extra sista in Christ on the left.


Oh and yes, that is correct. We are moving to New Mexico in July. Basically Kourtney (Matt's sisters husband) is in Albuquerque at the Calvary Chapel's Shepard School there. That is for men who feel called to be a pastor. He talked to us about the School of Ministry that they have there. We prayed about it, and decided that's what we wanna do. So we are saving, and moving in that direction. I believe it is similar to what Uncle Ken went to in Cali....?
Here's the link to the school's page.
So please be praying for us that God will open the doors if this where He wants us.
Kourtney is planning on planting a church in Boulder, CO. We are "planning" on being involved in that after the school of ministry. But that is the future. We want to leave the door open to whatever the Lord may have in store for us.


p.s. For those of you who are American Idol fans (and those of you aren't should become a fan at least for this season) I'm going to tell you who you should vote for. No, you do not have a choice.
Yep. This guy. Luke Menard. Why? Because he is from Crawfordsville! (Yes, that's where we live) He made it to the top 24! So you may begin voting either tuesday or wednesday.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt and Bethany

WOW! That's exciting news about moving to new mexico!!! You won't be doing any snowboarding there.

I watch american idol but I don't remember luke maynard. I'll have to start watching him closer. I have a couple of favorites right now- but that may change.

Aunt Lisa

Kelly said...

New Mexico?! That sounds fun! You will be far away...guess we'll just have to take a trip down there to visit :)

As for American Idol, I'm a huge fan of the 16 year old David Archuleta!! Not only is he a cutie, but I LOVE his voice!! We'll see how things pan out in the next few rounds.

P.S. I listened to the song "Cinderella". It was super cute. I will definitely keep it in mind for my wedding, though I've always been a big fan of the typical "Butterfly Kisses"

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

Bethany...
Great to see how you and your hubby are doing! I think New Mexico sounds fantastic! Uncle Ken is going to be jealous.... he has loved New Mexico for a long time.
Keep the posts coming!

Ken said...

Bethany,

MUCH to say. I'll have to call.

New Mexico. Wow. You know how we feel about that. (Actually, you don't really, you only have a vague idea!)

The school looks very much like Horizon's School of Evangelism - or rather, what HSE looked like twenty years ago (!!) I attended. It looks like basically the same thing in every respect, and I mean every! So we can talk about that too.

I like Skip Heitzig's teaching. I think you will also.

Uncle Ken

Anonymous said...

I pooped a hammer.

Joni Scott said...

Uh... great comment Grace?
I finally got around to reading your post. I loved the snowboarding on a white hill with brown all around!! And you're even wearing winter coats! Wow! I expected sweat shirts and jeans. LOL
Go Luke!! (Kelly: David Archuletta is a shoo in, so vote for Luke for a little while anyway. Hopefully he does better this week!)

Ken said...

I watch AI last night (commercial free--it was about 13 min long). I had to agree with Simon concerning Luke M's performance. Too bad for Crawfordsville.

Uncle Ken

Ken said...

13 min was an exaggeration, sorry. Skipping through commercials (using the latest in recording technology) probably cuts the show exactly in half, and if you also skip a few little bio moments you can save even more time!

Joni Scott said...

But kenny.. why would you want to miss the Bio time???
Okay Bethany... I am so ready for an updat. Lets see your Zuri pictures and hear about Arkansas