CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 28, 2007


So here I am with a new blog.
Why?
I don't know. But yet, here I am.
I guess I'm sick of xanga and don't talk to anyone on it anyway, so I figured I'd start a blogspot.

I'll start out by doing what the rest of my family has done this week.
This is Zuri-Shaddi. Isn't she cute? Of course she is. She's my neice!
Here's both my neices. Aww! What a wonderful big sister.

Thus, I hate being away from my family. It's always hard, but harder now than before for obvious reasons. When Hosanna was born I was totally there (ok in the waiting room, as there as I could be). And now I'm not even close! It's just sad.

So let's move back to the U.P. right?
Wrong. Or right?
We don't know. We don't know where we're supposed to be except here for now. But "for now" could turn into 3 years! I don't want to be here for three years! But if God doesn't call us somewhere, then what are we to do but stay here?
And while Faith and Kourtney want us to move out wherever they end up (Colorado!), we can't just go because we want to.
I don't know why I think about this all the time, but I do. Probably especially because of wishing I was near my family. Yes.

Anyway...
We are for sure going to the conference! I didn't go last year so I am very excited to go this year. And Matt has never been before (even though he's lived 3 hours away his whole life!). Of course I'm praying that I'll get to see baby Zuri then also.
And who knows? Maybe God will speak.

p.s. anyone know how to customize your own layout? Or to find more than just the few they give you? Even when I try to change colors on my layout it doesn't seem to work.

6 comments:

Joni Scott said...

Yay! You have joined Blogger! Let me be the first to welcome you here with great enthusiasm!!
It is pain to be far from Miss Zuri (or Missouri) but it is also a pain to have YOU so far away.
So yeah. Come home. Revival is coming to the U.P and you don't want to be in far far away Colorado when THAT happens, do ya???

Kelly said...

Yippee!!! Welcome to blogspot!!

Ken said...

To customize your layout, you'll need someone who knows HTML and they can change it easily in the settings section... (I'm not that person. But everyone knows at least one person who knows html.)

Anonymous said...

It's nice to have you back on the blog spot. I don't get to see you and Matt so it's a nice way to keep up with things going on in your life.

P.S. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how to customize a layout!!

Aunt Lisa

Joni Scott said...

feel free to take the pictures from my sight. I am not sure I would know how to email a file of pictures... tho I guess i could try. I took a couple off Karens blog too. She has a nice collage there. Pics or no.. it'd be great to have a blog update!!

Jen said...

Bethany,
Thanks for telling me about your blog. I felt the same way you do when Charlie and I first married and I settled here in C'ville. I probably spent the entire first five years of our marriage looking for God to call us out of Indiana! I missed my family terribly and the familiarity of "how we did things." Now, I can look back and thank God for taking us away from family and making us into the fmaily He designed us to be. I learned how to be Charlie's wife, not just my parent's daughter or my siblings' sister etc. It's still difficult, especially with children, now. Keep seeking the Lord and resting in His promises that His plan is the very best one for you, even when you feel emotional and miss your family.
And call me! Friends, especially Christian sisters, have made the greatest difference for me. Praying for you...
Love,
Jen